The online tool is a web platform included into the Youthonline project.
This tool was created as a potential solution to prevent and combat early dropout from schools and high schools in the European framework.
- to generate a supporting platform for youth in topic related to their education
- To prevent and combat early dropout from schools and high schools
- to establish new ways of connection among pupils and teachers to discuss and share information about more sensitive issues
This online tool has been structured considering as base information the eight Factors of risk of drop-out for children and youth, that were identified thrown the development of a “risk analysis” by the Universitat Politécnica de València.
The nine factors identified are the following, topics on what the content and advice on this online tool is based:
Communication skillsDevelopment of your talentCommunication skills
- Communication skills
- Working of self-confidence
- Career planning
- Development of your talent
- Peer-to-peer support
- Intercultural mediation
- Study techniques (online courses)
- Prevention of bullying
So based, on that, and considering the potential interaction of both pupils and teachers, the online platform has got the following sections:
- frontpage, with the main information
- Mentors section: where pupils can interact with teachers into diverse topics
- Toolkit, where pupils can reach documents, videos, references about diverse issues.
The main uses of this online tool are the following:
- Provide specific content that supports students into diverse issues that can be sensitive regarding their academic future
- Provide possible personal support from teachers into some specific issues that can condition their future academic development
- Provide diverse content, videos, documents that share important content to any public, also teachers, educators, to increase their skills to support students at risk of drop-out.